I love daily Burn and have lost about 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks but I am recovering from an accident.

  • My calves were crushed and I have a few problems still with my knees, is there anyway to gain stability in my knees?

    susanbrockerman   by: susanbrockerman
  • 0 votes
    anjag  about 1 year ago by: anjag

    Hi Susan,
    SO proud of you for an incredible start on your journey! When you say you crushed your calves, did you tear them? Did you have surgery? Have you gone to rehab?? A huge thing with calves is that they really do effect your stability as often when they are hurt you tend to favor them and therefore put more stress into other places of your body. Definitely take your time and be patient with yourself. True Beginner is a great series for gaining strength and mobility especially if you are coming back from an injury. But also consider the need to consult a physical therapist as I mentioned above! Let me know how it goes!

  • 0 votes
    SPX  about 1 year ago by: SPX

    As anjag said, if you haven't talked to a/your physical therapist recently, you really need to do that. They will be qualified to tell you, medically speaking, what you are cleared to do and not do.

    But just speaking generally, I think some real strength work would benefit you. I personally am combining DailyBurn was a gym routine and that might benefit you as well.

    I go to the gym twice a week to focus on heavy weight lifting/strength training and four other days I have DailyBurn workouts planned. Definitely talk it over with your therapist to see if they agree, but some traditional weight training to strengthen your legs and the muscles around your knees might help.

    Just an idea.

Subscribers (3)

  • anjag
  • susanbrockerman
  • SPX


DISCLAIMER: This Daily Burn Community is a user forum for discussion purposes only and is not a medical resource. Any content or advice contained herein, should not be substituted for that of your medical professional or for any treatment that may have been prescribed by your doctor. If you suspect that you have a medical problem, we urge you to seek competent medical help.