What do you pack for work/school so you don't cheat?
That depends on what you like to eat. For me, I don't eat meat. I will eat dairy, eggs, and seafood. So a typical day for me is:
Breakfast - protein shake with almond milk and 2 servings of fruit
Lunch - normally a spinach salad with Tuna or Salmon. In the winter, I like to bring homemade soups (so I know what is in them) in a thermos.
Snack - 21 raw almonds and 1 apple.
This combination gives me the protein and good carbs I need to get through my hectic work day.
Other things I like to pack for work:
2% cottage cheese
skim milk string cheese
raw peanut butter and celery
raisins (in case I am having a sweet tooth)
Goat cheese with multi-grain flat crisps
All these help me stay on track and keep me from succumbing to the dreaded office snack machine.
For Ignite I pack the following (I work 12.5 hour shifts):
1. Have my AM shake before leaving for work
2. Morning snack: either a Larabar and coffee or GF Van's waffles with coconut oil and cinammon on top
3. Lunch: Leftovers of some sort (rice, veggies, meat) or a big salad
4. Afternoon snack: nuts with a small amount of dark chocolate and a coconut water
5. Similar to lunch, an Ignite friendly meal, found some good frozen ones at Whole Foods that meet all the Ignite criteria.
DISCLAIMER: This Daily Burn Community is a user forum for discussion purposes only and is not a medical resource. Any content or advice contained herein, should not be substituted for that of your medical professional or for any treatment that may have been prescribed by your doctor. If you suspect that you have a medical problem, we urge you to seek competent medical help.