We all have those mornings when you wake up craving a hearty breakfast. Skip the egg sandwich and start your day with this breakfast pizza recipe instead. We kept things easy and low-carb by swapping the traditional crust for a whole-wheat tortilla, so there’s no kneading or mixing required. Top with sautéed spinach, chicken sausage and a perfectly cooked egg that will make your yolk porn dreams come true. Struggling to find time in your morning routine to make this? No problem, you can meal prep your pie the night before, and simply add an egg on top before popping it into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
Baked Egg, Spinach and Chicken Sausage Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Makes 2 breakfast pizzas
Prep time: 25 minutes
2 small whole-wheat tortillas
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 chicken breakfast sausages
4 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons grated low-fat cheddar cheese
Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Remove the ground turkey from the sausage casings and cook it in the pan for five to eight minutes until it turns golden or brown. Remove the meat from the skillet, and then add the spinach and cook it for three to four minutes until wilted.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and spread the tomato sauce evenly over each. Top the pizzas with the sautéed spinach, ground turkey and chopped tomatoes leaving a well in the middle of each pizza for the egg.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and then gently pour it into the middle of the tortilla pizza. Repeat with the second egg on the other pizza. Sprinkle the cheese over the pizzas and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are set and the edges of the tortilla are golden.
- Sprinkle the pizzas with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
For more delicious breakfast egg ideas, check out 13 ways to pimp your scrambled eggs.