What happens when you combine not one but two superfoods into a delicious treat? You get these matcha chocolate truffles! The green center of each truffle is made with just a handful of ingredients, including shredded unsweetened coconut, matcha and avocado, which lend them their creamy texture. On the outside is a rich dark chocolate coating for a decadent crunch. Make a batch of these truffles to give to friends this holiday season! This is one festive edible gift that everyone will enjoy.
Matcha Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Makes 25 truffles
Prep time: 35 minutes
1 tablespoon matcha powder
1 medium avocado
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
150 grams dark chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, combine the matcha, avocado, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup. Mash the avocado until it’s smooth and well combined with the other ingredients.
- Add in the shredded coconut and stir.
- Roll the mixture into 20-25 small balls. Place them on a tray and put them in the fridge to slightly harden.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and microwave it for one-minute intervals until it has completely melted.
- Dip each truffle into the chocolate to coat and then place them back on the tray. Sprinkle the top of each chocolate truffle with a pinch of matcha and let them harden in the fridge.
For more bite-sized treats, try these dessert energy balls.