With the holiday season in full swing, chances are you’ll be hopping from one party to the next. These petite treats are perfect for entertaining a crowd at a festive soiree, or munching on something healthy when that 3 p.m. lull at the office hits. Even better: These delicious Paleo Maple-Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons from Melissa Joulwan are 100 percent vegan and gluten-free.
The popular Paleo cook shared the recipe to these hearty bites on a recent episode of Daily Burn 365 from her new book, Well Fed Weeknights: Complete Paleo Meals in 45 Minutes or Less. For the base, all you’ll need is almond butter, chopped pecans and coconut, plus some pumpkin puree for filling fiber. Maple syrup, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract infuse the macaroons with a sweet and comforting flavor. You don’t need too many of these treats to satisfy your sweet tooth — stick to two macaroons per serving.
RELATED: 11 No-Bake Energy Bites Recipes
Paleo Maple-Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon pumpkin spice
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Add maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Mix the ingredients evenly until the mixture comes out smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a microwave-safe bowl and warm the mixture until the ingredients are soft and melted, about 30 seconds.
- Fold in the unsweetened shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Using a spoon, scoop the mixture into small mounds. Refrigerate the macaroons until they’re firm, about an hour.
- Store the macaroons in a covered container in the fridge. They’ll keep for about a week.