Craving ice cream? You don’t need a fancy machine or tons of specialty ingredients to whip up your own pint. This mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe requires a food processor and just five healthy ingredients. A base of frozen bananas gives it a naturally sweet flavor and creamy texture with no added dairy, and Chocolate Fuel-6 Protein Powder delivers 15 grams of protein per serving. Have a guilt-free scoop or two for dessert — or even post-workout!
Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freeze time: 1 hour
Per 3/4-cup serving:
- 321 cal
- 3 g fat (0 g sat)
- 67 g carbs
- 211 mg sodium
- 9 g fiber
- 32 g sugar
- 15 g protein
4 bananas, sliced and frozen ahead of time
1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1/8 teaspoon peppermint or mint extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 scoops Chocolate Fuel-6 Protein Powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large food processor or blender.
- Process until bananas are pulverized and mixture is light and fluffy, about two minutes. If your blender or food processor is having trouble mixing everything at once, add more almond milk a little at a time, which will help the blades break up the frozen bananas. You can eat the ice cream now, or proceed to the next step.
- To freeze ice cream, line a bread tin with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into the pan and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle on chocolate chips if desired.
- Freeze for about one hour before serving.
For more recipes from Lee, visit FitFoodieFinds.com.