Soup always sounds like a healthy option, but in the colder months it can be a cream-laden caloric nightmare. Rather than substituting in artificial fat-free ingredients, this recipe focuses on fresh vegetables, like sweet potato, for flavor and a touch of Chobani greek yogurt for heartiness. Both parsley and green onions are high in vitamin C and vitamin K so they’ll also give you an immune boost during cold season. You can serve this soup hot or cold depending on whether you’re serving it with a heated entree or on its own.
Fat-Free Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
4 medium-sized sweet potatoes yielding 1 1/2 cups sweet potato puree
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tablespoons 0% Plain Chobani
1 Tablespoon chopped green onion
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Peel the outside flesh of the sweet potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes for an hour until a fork glides in smoothly.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and mash with a potato masher.
- Add 1 ½ cups sweet potato puree and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated in a sealed container and reheat on the stove.