This baked peaches and cream recipe is the best reason to turn on your oven this summer. We’ve revamped the simple, sometimes-decadent dessert by swapping out fat-laden whipped cream for a honey-mint Greek yogurt topping. You can serve this as the finale to your next summer soirée or even whip it up for a sweet brunch side dish. When picking out peaches, make sure that they’re just turning ripe and are freestone peaches so you can easily remove the pit without making a mess. Garnish with mint and enjoy!
RELATED: Eat These 10 Foods, Get More Calcium
Healthy Baked Peaches and Cream Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Per 2 peach halves:
- 153 cal
- 5 g fat (1 g sat)
- 27 g carbs
- 416 mg sodium
- 3 g fiber
- 24 g sugar
- 4 g protein
- 4 freestone peaches, ripe but firm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 6 oz. plain, two-percent fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Cut all of the peaches in half vertically and remove the pits.
- Gently rub the peaches with olive oil and place them cut side-up on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake the peaches for 8-10 minutes until the cut edges just start to change color.
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle a half tablespoon of sugar on the cut side of each peach. Let cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and honey.
- Finely chop about 5-6 mint leaves and fold mint into the yogurt.
- Move the peaches onto serving plates and put a dollop of mint yogurt on each half. Serve immediately while still warm.
For more recipes from Evan, visit www.thewannabechef.net and follow his posts on Facebook.