Searching for a healthy brunch recipe? Or perhaps a breakfast to fuel your morning runs? This baked oatmeal dish is an ideal choice, with less than 200 calories per serving. Transforming the traditional butter and sugar-laden version, we cut out unnecessary fats in exchange for fresh fruit and natural sweeteners. Any berry will be great in this recipe, and honey can easily be replaced for the maple syrup.
Berry Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Per 3/4 cup:
- 196 cal
- 5.2 g fat
- 32.9 g carbs
- 173 mg sodium
- 3.3 g fiber
- 5 g protein
2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
2 cups skim milk [soy or almond would be fine]
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup blueberries and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Grease an 8×8” pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, maple syrup, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a larger bowl, whisk butter, milk, vanilla and applesauce.
- Slice banana and place on bottom of prepared pan. Toss ½ cup blueberries to fill in gaps.
- Spread oat mixture over banana and blueberries in pan, and then pour milk mixture over oats.
- Sprinkle remaining berries on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until oats turn golden.
For more recipes from Emily, visit www.emsbytes.com.