Now that summer is here, fresh corn is in abundance — popping up at grocery stores and farmers’ markets everywhere. While eating it straight off the cob is one way to do it, you’ll love these crispy corn fritters with bits of spicy jalapeño in every bite. Unlike traditional fritters, which are battered and deep fried, this corn fritters recipe calls for just a tablespoon of flour per batch. Plus, they’re pan fried to keep the oil in check. Cut kernels straight off the cobb during the summer months or use canned corn in the winter. You can enjoy these fritters year-round!
Need pairing tips? Mix and match your spread with a few od our summer favorites from this list of BBQ-friendly dishes.
Crispy Jalapeno and Corn Fritters Recipe
Makes 10 to 12 fritters
Prep time: 20 minutes
2 1/2 cups corn
1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
1/3 cup chopped scallions
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeños
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Pinch of salt
1 large egg, separated plus 1 egg white
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix corn, egg yolk, flour, chopped scallions and jalapeños, smoked paprika and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the two egg whites until they become stiff using a hand mixer.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the corn mixture being sure not to over stir.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Drop a large spoonful of the batter onto the pan about the size of a small pancake. Cook for approximately two minutes per side until golden in color before flipping.
- Serve warm plain or topped with Greek yogurt.
For more delicious and healthy finger food recipes, try these irresistible tater tots.