When paired together, feta and summer strawberries make an irresistible combination of salty and sweet. Sprinkle them on grilled chicken and a bed of leafy dark greens and you’ve got yourself a protein-packed salad that does not disappoint in the flavor department. Each serving has less than five grams of sugar and roughly 20 grams of protein, so you’ll stay satisfied without overindulging in the sweet stuff. Best of all, this chicken salad recipe is foolproof — even the most novice chefs will be able to whip up this easy dinner in 15 minutes or less.
Strawberry, Spinach and Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the chicken salad:
2 medium chicken breasts
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 cups spinach (packed)
½ cup chopped strawberries
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup chopped pecans
For the Dijon balsamic vinaigrette:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
½ tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch of salt
For the grilled chicken:
- Preheat the grill to 400ºF degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill the chicken breasts, covered, for 6-8 minutes on each side. Before removing from grill, cut into the center of the chicken breasts to see if they’ve cooked completely. If they’re still pink, continue cooking.
For the salad:
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette until you have a consistent mixture.
- Place two cups of spinach in each bowl. Then, top with feta cheese, pecans, strawberries, grilled chicken breast, and two tablespoons of your homemade vinaigrette.