Tilapia is high in protein, low in calories and a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce inflammation in your body and lower your risk of heart disease. This mild white fish is also high in bone-strengthening minerals, including magnesium, calcium and vitamin D. Basically, it’s a superfood! Eating it with radishes adds fiber and other nutrients such as vitamin C, phosphorus and zinc to your diet. The root vegetable also aids in digestion and helps eliminate toxins from the body. Make this dish tonight!
Baked Tilapia with Radish Relish Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless tilapia fillets
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 lemon, very thinly sliced crosswise
1 bunch radishes, trimmed and finely chopped
1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut parchment paper into 4 (12-inch) squares. Fold each piece of paper in half to form a crease down the middle, then unfold. Place one tilapia fillet on each piece of paper, arranging it just to one side of the crease. Top fillets with salt, pepper and lemon slices.
- Fold paper over to completely cover the fish. Seal the pouches by folding in the edges and corners until all open sides are secure. Transfer pouches to a baking sheet, and bake until the fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- For the relish, combine radishes, green onion, capers and lemon juice.
- To serve, place each sealed pouch on an individual plate. Use scissors to carefully snip an opening on the top, peel back paper and evenly divide radish relish among the plates.