A healthier taste of fall in one bite, these mini pumpkin cranberry muffins stay moist thanks to use of Greek yogurt. Plus, they’re guilt-free, with just three grams of fat per muffin and plenty of vitamin A from the pumpkin itself. Cranberries are a welcome add-in with their sweet but subtle tanginess. To make full-size muffins, just double the baking time.
Mini Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 cups flour
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of cloves
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease mini-muffin tin or place muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, spices, salt, baking power and soda.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, yogurt, egg, vanilla and pumpkin until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir just until combined. Batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in cranberries.
- In greased muffin tin, place one teaspoon of batter for each muffin. Bake for 10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
For more recipes from Emily, visit emsbytes.com.