A refreshing interpretation of the PB&J, these pops are a perfect post-workout energy booster. The peanut butter and sesame seeds pack in protein, while the raspberries provide this snack with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. Enjoy it on a hot summer day!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Popsicles
Yields eight 6-ounce popsicles
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 hours
1/2 cup unsalted smooth peanut butter
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
2 cups unsweetened raspberry juice
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a blender, combine the peanut butter, yogurt, milk, 2 tablespoons of the honey, and vanilla extract; process until smooth.
- Partially fill the Popsicle molds with the peanut butter mixture. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Partially fill the Popsicle molds with the raspberry juice and a few raspberries. Insert sticks and freeze for 1 hour.
- Partially fill the Popsicle molds with remaining peanut butter mixture. Freeze overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for a few minutes before releasing them from the molds.
- Spoon the remaining honey around the bottom rim of each Popsicle and coat with sesame seeds.
Need your PB&J Popsicle faster? Reduce time by blending all the ingredients together. Just reduce the peanut butter to 1/3 cup and omit the milk altogether. Freeze for 6 hours.
Originally posted August 13, 2013.