Sautéing anything in garlic is a good idea, but sautéing baby spinach in garlic is a great, healthy idea. Add some gluten-free quinoa to bump up the protein count to six grams per serving while still keeping the carbs in check. Top the stuffed tomatoes off with some feta cheese for a satisfying home-cooked meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
8 tomatoes with flat bottoms
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed, separated
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 cups (6 ounces) baby spinach
1/2 cup feta cheese
10 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Lightly spray glass cooking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Core tomatoes and remove juices and seeds.
- Heat olive oil on stove over medium heat. Add spinach until starts to wilt. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, quinoa, olives and feta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into tomatoes, filling to just below the rim. Garnish with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until feta is golden.
For more recipes from Emily, visit www.emsbytes.com.