Salty, cheesy and spicy, this savory trail mix will leave you so full and satisfied, you won’t even miss Halloween sweets. The crunchy combo gets a surprising twist when coated with barbecue sauce and baked to crispy perfection. You’ll never choose store-bought trail mix again!
Trick-or-Treat Trail Mix Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
6 cups popcorn
2 cups coarsely broken baked blue corn tortilla chips
2 cups whole-grain cheddar crackers
1 cup whole raw almonds
1/4 cup unsalted shelled pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup natural barbecue sauce (we used Tessemae’s All Natural)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Heat oven to 300°F. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Combine popcorn, tortilla chips, cheese crackers, almonds and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the oil, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, paprika, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder until emulsified.
- Drizzle the sauce over the snack mix and stir until combined well.
- Evenly spread mixture in the baking sheet and bake, stirring and turning mixture over every 10 minutes, for a total of 40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack, then break into pieces.