Traditional baked apples can clock loads of calories and fat — so slash both with this vegan baked apples recipe. The dish will make your house smell like fall thanks to the juicy fruit, cinnamon and nutmeg. Plus, with fewer than 110 calories per serving, we support going for seconds. Want to go healthier? Replace the brown sugar with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Feeling indulgent? Top this crispy treat with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Vegan Baked Apples Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of cloves
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a glass baking dish with tin foil.
- Wash and slice apples in half, along core. Scoop out the core with a melon baller or spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, oatmeal, peanut butter and spices. This should be crumbly.
- Spoon one heaping tablespoon into each apple core and place apples in prepared glass dish.
- Pour 1 cup of water around the apples.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes, until apple skin starts to wrinkle.
For more recipes from Emily, visit emsbytes.com.