A simple blend of herbs, zesty lemon and lean chicken come together for a quick, healthy dish that’s big on flavor. Toasted hazelnut orzo completes this protein-packed meal, which you can have plated and on the table in 30 minutes flat.
Lemon Chicken with Hazelnut Orzo Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
2 sprigs of thyme, chopped
6 sprigs of oregano, chopped and divided
2 three-ounce chicken breast halves, skin on
Olive oil cooking spray
Sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup orzo
2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut lemon in half; slice one half into thin circles and juice the other half into the chicken broth.
- Combine the garlic, thyme and half the oregano. Lay chicken pieces in a baking pan skin side up and season the chicken with herb mixture. Season the lemon slices with herb mixture and tuck them under the chicken skins. Secure with string if needed. Spray the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon-broth mixture into the baking pan with the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the rest of the oregano, olive oil and hazelnuts.