This healthy breakfast may take a little more time to whip up than your usual scrambled eggs, but it’s well worth the effort. The colorful vegetables increase your nutrient intake and add to the dish’s savory flavor. Plus, it tastes great as leftovers the next day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium sweet potato, diced into ¼ inch cubes
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 cups swiss chard, chopped (chop stems separately)
7 egg whites
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Dash of salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potato, peppers, garlic and swiss chard stems. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender but crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add the swiss chard greens. Cook until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, green onions, parsley and salt in a small bowl.
- Make room in the center of the skillet and pour in the egg mixture. Scramble until eggs are cooked through.