Let us introduce you to our new favorite breakfast: The small and mighty egg muffin. With a whopping 16 grams of protein and just 150 calories per muffin, these breakfast bites aren’t bluffing. (So long sugar and carb-laden coffeeshop muffins!) Best of all, you can make a big batch ahead of time, reheat on the fly and be out the door with a nutritious and delicious breakfast in hand. Even the most novice chefs will be able to gather the six ingredients and whip up this eggs-cellent egg muffins recipe. Change the veggies, top it with an avocado or even add salsa for a spicy kick!
Portable Egg Muffins Recipe
Serving Size: 1 egg muffin
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
3/4 pound nitrate-free ham slices
1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet.
- While oil heats up, lay two ham slices in each muffin tin. Press down the slices so they form a cup shape.
- Once oil is hot, add mushrooms and bell pepper. Cook for a few minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften and caramelize. Add in spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Add a heaping spoonful of veggies on top of the ham slices.
- Crack an egg into each ham and veggie-lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs whites are cooked through.
- Remove and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For more recipes from Alexa, visit