Love the convenience of protein bars but not the long list of questionable ingredients? Make your own on-the-go snacks for when you know you’ll need a portable and healthy pick-me-up later in the week. Thanks to DailyBurn’s Fuel-6 protein powder, these bars deliver 12 grams of protein, but they’re lower in sugar than the average energy bar. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and require just six ingredients. Try using a different nut butter such as peanut butter for more of a “peanut butter cup” variation, or cashew butter and vanilla protein powder for more of a cookie dough flavor.
Chocolate Chip Protein Bars Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration time: 30 minutes
1 cup almond butter, drippy
3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
4 scoops Chocolate Fuel-6 Protein Powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Begin by mixing together all of the wet ingredients (almond butter, almond milk and brown rice syrup) in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in in dry ingredients (cocoa powder, protein powder, rolled oats and chocolate chips) and mix again.
- Form dough into a large ball. The consistency should be similar to cookie dough.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, press dough into the pan, spreading out evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slice into bars or squares. Store in an airtight container or zip-lock bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
For more recipes from Lee, visit FitFoodieFinds.com.