Dirty dishes are our nemesis, which is why we created this one-pot baked chicken recipe. Everything can be sautéd and baked in just one oven-safe skillet, so you won’t have a mountain of pots and pans to clean up after dinner. It’s a win for your taste buds, too — the recipe doesn’t skimp on gooey mozzarella and Parmesan but it’s still roughly 300 calories a serving. Every bite bursts with flavor from sun-dried tomato pesto and heart-healthy garlic. Did we mention it takes a quick 30 minutes to whip up? Make it tonight for a light and fuss-free dinner.
Easy One-Pot Baked Pesto Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Per 2 tenders and 1.5 cup vegetables:
- 311 cal
- 14 g fat (5 g sat)
- 16 g carbs
- 263 mg sodium
- 5 g fiber
- 10 g sugar
- 32 g protein
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium zucchini, cubed
1 eggplant, cubed
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 pound chicken breasts, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
5 slices mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour olive oil into a large, oven-safe skillet, and warm over medium heat.
- Sauté eggplant and zucchini with garlic for two to three minutes. Once vegetables soften, remove from heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the skillet and stir in sun-dried tomato pesto.
- On a cutting board, season chicken strips with salt and pepper to taste. Next, lay the chicken strips on top of mixed vegetables, pushing them down a bit so some of the vegetables come to the top.
- Spread marinara sauce on the chicken. Lay the mozzarella cheese on top and place skillet in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Don’t have an oven-friendly skillet? Simply use a regular skillet and transfer sautéed ingredients to a casserole dish before baking.
For more recipes from Alexa, visit Simple Roots Wellness.