French fries don’t have to be a guilty pleasure, especially when they’re made with vitamin-rich green beans and baked in the oven rather than fried. We coated the fiber-packed beans with gluten-free breadcrumbs and cornmeal for added crunch. And to add to the mouthwatering flavor, we have two delicious dips: garlicky herb yogurt and spicy Sriracha. Unlike other fries, these green bean fries don’t get soggy, so you can make a big batch and still enjoy their crispy crunch hours after baking. Be sure to stick to 12 green bean fries per serving. Happy dipping!
Baked Green Bean Fries Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup gluten free flour
For the Herb Yogurt Dip:
1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
For the Sriracha Dip:
2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Make the two dips by combining the ingredients for each in bowls and stirring the ingredients until they’re well combined. Store the bowls in the fridge until they’re ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Place the flour on a plate. Crack the two eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Wash the green beans. Working in batches, coat the beans in the flour, dip them into the egg and then dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture until they’re well-coated. Lay the beans out evenly on a baking sheet. Lightly spray the beans with cooking spray
- Bake the beans in the oven for 12-15 minutes until they are crispy and golden. Test a bean to ensure that it’s cooked and tender on the inside.
- Serve the green bean fries with the two dipping sauces.
If you’re looking for other guilt-free finger food recipes, consider these 9 Healthy Tater Tots Recipes made with spaghetti squash, quinoa, cauliflower and other nutritious ingredients.