Pecans are a great source of healthy fats and protein, making these sweet and salty rosemary recipe the perfect snack for your next dinner party. Or, make a batch and take some to work for an afternoon snack. Rosemary and sesame seeds bring a touch of savory to the palate, while Demerara or “raw” sugar gives the nuts an addictive crunch. This recipe easily doubles, and can make for great holiday gifts for friends and co-workers.
Sweet and Salty Rosemary Pecans Recipe
Per 20 g (approx 15 pecans) serving:
- 108 cal
- 8.8 g fat (.5 g sat)
- 7.2 g carbs
- 123 mg sodium
- 1 g fiber
- 6 g sugar
- 1 g protein
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup Demerara sugar
1 large egg white
2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix rosemary, salt, sesame seeds and sugar in a small bowl.
- In separate larger bowl, whisk egg white just until frothy.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stirring until covered. Sprinkled rosemary mixture on top, stirring until coated.
- Place pecans on lined baking sheet and bake at 300°F for 20 minutes, or until coating is no longer wet.
For more recipes from Emily, visit emsbytes.com.