Craving sweet and savory? This cool and refreshing fruit salad is sure to hit the spot on a hot day. With every bite, crumbled feta cheese complements ripe, juicy peaches, watermelon and tomato. These summer produce superstars deliver antioxidants, potassium and vitamins A and C. Make this recipe as a side for your next BBQ or family gathering, and don’t forget to drizzle on the easy balsamic honey dressing to brighten the fruity flavors even more.
RELATED: 15 Healthy Recipes for No-Bake Desserts
Peachy Tomato and Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
Total Time: 10 minutes
Per 1-cup of salad:
- 80 cal
- 4 g fat (1 g sat)
- 10 g carbs
- 72 mg sodium
- 1 g fiber
- 8 g sugar
- 2 g protein
For the salad:
4 cups watermelon, cubed
2 cups tomatoes, diced
2 cups peaches, cubed
10 leaves of fresh basil
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup red onion, sliced (optional)
For the dressing:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add watermelon, tomatoes and peaches to a bowl and mix well.
- Stack the basil leaves together and roll into a small log. Use a sharp knife to slice the leaves perpendicular to the log. Add the long, thin strips to your fruit mixture.
- Stir in feta cheese and sliced onion.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together balsamic, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over your salad, toss lightly and serve immediately.
Cubed watermelon does not store well. Make this salad the same day you plan on eating it.
For more recipes form Alexa, visit Simple Roots Wellness.